The information in this race flyer is subject to change. Please check back prior to the event to make sure you have the most up-to-date information available.
Schedule at a Glance
Saturday, October 21 – South Conference
Sunday, October 22 – North Conference
|7:00 a.m.||Head Coaches Meeting|
|8:00 a.m.||Middle School Boys Race|
|8:45 a.m.||Middle School Girls Race|
|9:30 a.m.||First Timers Race|
|10:30 a.m.||High School Boys Varsity/JV1 Race|
|11:00 a.m.||Middle School Awards|
|12:00 p.m.||High School Girls Race|
|1:30 p.m.||High School Boys JV2/Freshman Race|
|3:30 p.m.||High School Awards|
Location & Directions
The rolling Sonoran Desert trails at the Competitive Track at McDowell are comprised of swooping turns and short steep inclines and descents. The course travels counterclockwise and starts/finishes in the Competitive Track parking lot.
HIGH SCHOOL COURSE: The Sport Loop – Technical Loop combination form the 5.6 mile counterclockwise course and climbs approximately 435 feet per lap. All riders will be required to take the “The Ledge” bypass.
MIDDLE SCHOOL COURSE: The 3 mile Sport Loop course climbs approximately 175 feet per lap.
Course & Infield Map
Online registration closes on October 18 at 11:59 p.m. Onsite race registration is available, plus an additional $15 late fee. Riders registering “day of” at the race venue must register at least one (1) hour before their race starts.
- Student-athletes must be “race-ready” in the CCN in order to participate – profile completed, release forms signed electronically, and ACA registration and race entry fees paid.
- Races purchased individually are $60 each for high school riders and $40 each for middle school riders. Purchase all four series races at the same time for the discounted price of $150 and $100, respectively. Registration for the high school state championships is included at no additional charge for riders who qualify for the event.
- All student-athletes will receive a race number plate and riders will use the same plate for the entire race series. Number plates have chip timing transponders on the backside so exercise care to avoid damage. Please remove the number plate from the bike before loading it for transport to prevent damage or loss. Replacement number plates will be available at the registration tent for $25.
- The registration tent will be open on Saturday and Sunday beginning at 7:00 a.m.
For questions regarding CCN, contact registration services.
Category Placement Petitions
Riders wishing to upgrade/downgrade to a race category different than assigned must submit a petition through their Head Coach or Team Director. The petition deadline for Race #4 is October 11 at 11:59 p.m.
The course will be open for pre-ride to all registered student-athletes and licensed coaches on Friday from 12:00 p.m. until sunset and Saturday following the conclusion of racing (approximately 3:00 p.m.) until sunset. On Friday from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. the course is open to female student-athletes and their coaches only. Boys are not allowed on the course during the girls-only period. Please pass course workers with care. All student-athletes and coaches must have a number plate attached to their bike in order to pre-ride the course. Unregistered parents/siblings may not ride the course.
We encourage teams to pre-ride prior to event weekend. Click on the top right corner of the Google Map above to view a larger map of the course and staging area.
This is where you’ll get vital information about the race day, such as risk management, race conditions and anything else that we need to share with you. Sometimes we need to make changes due to weather or other circumstances so it’s important you’re at the meeting to keep your team and riders informed! It is mandatory that all teams have at least one (1) coach attend the meeting. The coaches meetings will be held at the ACA equipment trailer beginning at 7:00 a.m. each day.
Race Categories & Wave Start Times
|Category (Race Plate Color & Number Series)||Start Time||Laps||Distance|
|WAVE 1 – staging will begin at 7:45 a.m.|
|Boys 8th Grade (Copper 5000s)||8:00 a.m.||3||9.0 miles|
|Boys 7th Grade (Red 6000s)||8:03 a.m.||2||6.0 miles|
|Boys 6th Grade (Yellow 7000s)||8:06 a.m.||2||6.0 miles|
|WAVE 2 – staging will begin at 8:30 a.m.|
|Girls 8th Grade (Copper 500s)||8:45 a.m.||3||9.0 miles|
|Girls 7th Grade (Red 600s)||8:48 a.m.||2||6.0 miles|
|Girls 6th Grade (Yellow 700s)||8:51 a.m.||2||6.0 miles|
|WAVE 3 – staging will begin at 9:15 a.m.|
|Boys First-Timer (3000-7999)||9:30 a.m.||TBA||TBA|
|Girls First-Timer (300-799)||9:35 a.m.||TBA||TBA|
|WAVE 4 – staging will begin at 10:15 a.m.|
|Boys Varsity (Blue 1000s)||10:30 a.m.||4||22.4 miles|
|Boys JV1 – Division 1 (Copper 2000-2499)||10:35 a.m.||3||16.8 miles|
|Boys JV1 – Division 2 (Red 2500-2999)||10:40 a.m.||3||16.8 miles|
|WAVE 5 – staging will begin at 11:45 a.m.|
|Girls Varsity (Blue 100s), Girls Junior Varsity 1 (Copper 200s)||12:00 p.m.||3||16.8 miles|
|Girls Junior Varsity 2 (Red 300s)||12:05 p.m.||2||11.2 miles|
|Girls Freshman (Yellow 400s)||12:10 p.m.||2||11.2 miles|
|WAVE 6 – staging will begin at 1:15 p.m.|
|Boys JV2 – Division 1 (Copper 3000-3499)||1:30 p.m.||2||11.2 miles|
|Boys JV2 – Division 2 (Red 3500-3999)||1:35 p.m.||2||11.2 miles|
|Boys Freshman – Division 1 (Yellow 4000-4499)||1:40 p.m.||2||11.2 miles|
|Boys Freshman – Division 2 (Grey 4500-4999)||1:45 p.m.||2||11.2 miles|
Note: Independent rider compete in Division 2 in split fields (Boys Junior Varsity 1, Junior Varsity 2 and Freshman).
Staging & Call Ups
All riders will be staged at races. The staging order is based on the overall placing in that field in the current season. Riders are responsible for knowing their staging position, being at the proper place at the assigned time and listening for their name. Riders who miss their calling will be placed behind all staged riders. Any rider who has not previously competed in an ACA event will be put in the race field, at random, at the back of their race field.
Parking will be available in the Four Peaks trailhead lot (across from the Competitive Track lot). Riders and teams will be allowed to enter the Competitive Track lot for unloading and loading only. Click on the top right corner of the Course & Infield Map above to view a larger map of the parking area. Please park efficiently and follow the guidance from our staff once on site.
- Vehicles must park in the designated areas identified with signs at the venue and as shown on the venue map.
- All vehicles must abide by the instructions of parking volunteers and/or league staff. Any violators risk imposition of penalties against their respective team.
- Handicap parking is available in the parking lot near the team pits.
- Vehicles must use the designated loading/unloading zone and immediately move to designated parking areas after unloading at the team pits area.
- Vehicles must follow one-way directional traffic in/out of team pit drop off area.
- No parking allowed in the team pits.
Each team will be assigned a designated pit space. The team pits will be open to vehicle traffic for loading/unloading during the times listed below. Every team will be given one (1) pass for use in the specified parking area on the pit map. If you or anyone on your team tries to move a vehicle in the team pits outside of the scheduled times your pit pass may be revoked. No gasoline generators and no open flames inside the team pit area.
Team equipment trailers may be stored in Four Peaks over the weekends for teams. Please park them on the northeast edge of the area (see Course & Infield Map). Trailers should be backed in (not parallel) and not go into the desert
Pit Assignments by Team
|Andrada Polytechnic High School|
|Arizona College Preparatory|
|Basha High School|
|BASIS Oro Valley|
|Brophy College Preparatory – Xavier College Preparatory|
|Buena High School|
|Canyon del Oro High School|
|Catalina Foothills High School|
|Chaparral High School|
|Cienega High School|
|Desert Vista Mountain Bike Team|
|East Valley Composite|
|El Grupo Composite|
|Empire High School|
|Franklin Police and Fire High School|
|Hamilton High School|
|Ironwood Ridge High School|
|Mica Mountain High School|
|Mountain Pointe High School|
|Mountain View High School|
|Odyssey Institute for Advanced & International Studies (OIAIS)|
|Oro Valley Composite|
|Payne Junior High School|
|Pusch Ridge Christian Academy|
|Red Mountain High School|
|San Tan Composite|
|Santan Junior High School|
|Tombstone High School|
|Verrado High School|
|White Tank Composite|
|Youth On Track Composite|
|Anthem Middle School Composite|
|AAEC Prescott Valley|
|Boulder Creek High School|
|Bradshaw Mountain High School|
|Cactus Shadows High School|
|Chino Valley High School|
|Coconino High School|
|Desert Mountain High School|
|Flagstaff High School|
|FLYRS Middle School Composite|
|Mile High Middle School|
|Northland Preparatory Academy|
|Pinnacle High School|
|Prescott High School|
|Sedona Red Rock High School|
|Skyview Middle School|
|Sonoran Trails Middle School|
|Sunrise Mountain Composite – North/South|
|Tri-City College Prep High School|
|White Mountains Composite|
|Wickenburg Area Composite|
Move In / Move Out Schedule
- Friday 12:00 p.m. – Pits open for South teams to move in
- Saturday 7:30 a.m. – Pits closed to vehicles, all automobiles must be out
- Saturday 3:00 p.m. (approx.) – Pits open to vehicles after the last rider crosses the finish line
- Saturday 4:15 p.m. – Move out deadline, all South teams must vacate pit area and/or move gear to designated storage space
- Friday 12:00 p.m. – Pits open for North teams to drop off gear in designated storage space
- Saturday 7:30 a.m. – Pits closed to vehicles, all automobiles must be out
- Saturday 4:30 p.m – Pits open for North teams to move in
- Sunday 7:30 a.m. – Pits closed to vehicles, all automobiles must be out
- Sunday 3:00 p.m. (approx.) – Pits open to vehicles after the last rider crosses the finish line
Pivot Chill Zone
Pivot Cycles provides a designated area at races for all student-athletes to chill, chat, or destress before and after races. The Pivot Chill Zone is for racers only – no parents, coaches, or siblings in this one. Operated by Pivot Cycles staff members at all ACA races, the zone provides a safe space for riders to relax, or just pop in for a fist bump and some words of encouragement.
Food & Beverage Services
Concessions will be available onsite from Single Speed Coffee Roasters, Stanzi’s Food Truck, Dogs R Us and Ava’s Kettle Corn.
Race day would not be possible without the incredible work of our volunteers. It takes a “village” to put on quality youth mountain bike races. We’d love to have your help and it’s a great opportunity to see a few different sides of how our races operate. Sign up at SignUp.com.
For questions regarding volunteering, contact our volunteer coordinator.
Additional Event Information
- Park entry fee $7 per vehicle; exact change is appreciated.
- Bicycle riders must comply with all traffic regulations and ride single file when on the roads within the Park.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times. Please pick up after your dog.
- Dispose garbage in dumpsters provided.
- Drone use is not allowed within Maricopa County’s regional park system.
- All participants are expected to read, understand and abide by the rules and guidelines set forth in the ACA Rulebook.
- ACA weather and refunds policy.
Camping & Lodging
Camping is available on site and reservations are recommended. The fee for developed campsites is $32 per night and includes electrical/water hookups, dump station, restrooms, picnic tables and grills. One RV or two tents per spot. The park’s camping policies state no more than eight people per site and the campground hosts will be checking. Camping in the Four Peaks Staging Area (a.k.a., Competitive Track overflow lot) is $22 per night; it’s considered “semi-developed” camping, with restrooms, picnic tables, and grills immediately available. The $7 park entry fee is waived for campers (first car). Extra cars are $7 each. Small, midsized and large group camping areas also available. Visit Maricopa County Parks’ website to make your reservation. There is very limited overflow space that is not listed online; contact the park at 602-506-2930 ext. 3 to check availability.
For dispersed camping, we recommend 10-15 minutes north of the park in the Tonto National Forest. Enter from Needle Rock Rd (north of the junction of Dynamite Rd with Rio Verde Rd).