The information in this race flyer is subject to change. Please check back prior to the event to make sure you have the most up-to-date information available.
Schedule at a Glance
Saturday, October 8 – North Conference
Sunday, October 9 – South Conference
|7:00 a.m.||Middle School Head Coaches Meeting|
|8:00 a.m.||Middle School Boys Race|
|8:45 a.m.||Middle School Girls Race|
|9:00 a.m.||High School Head Coaches Meeting|
|10:00 a.m.||High School Boys Varsity/JV1 Race|
|10:30 a.m.||Middle School Awards|
|11:30 a.m.||High School Girls Race|
|1:00 p.m.||High School Boys JV2/Freshman Race|
|3:00 p.m.||High School Awards|
Location & Directions
The Brownlow Trail network at Pioneer Park offers fast, fun, flowy, singletrack! The course runs clockwise, and starts and finishes in the open area to the west of Kuebler Field (on the west side of Commerce Drive).
HIGH SCHOOL COURSE: The 6.2 mile loop climbs approximately 425 feet per lap.
MIDDLE SCHOOL COURSE: The 3.75 mile loop climbs approximately TBD feet per lap.
Course & Infield Map
Online registration closes on October 4 at 11:59 p.m. No onsite registration, no exceptions.
- Student-athletes must be “race-ready” in the CCN in order to participate – profile completed, release forms signed electronically, and ACA registration and race entry fees paid.
- Races purchased individually are $60 each for high school riders and $40 each for middle school riders. Purchase all four series races at the same time for the discounted price of $150 and $100, respectively. All four races must be in your cart at the same time to qualify for the discount. Registration for the high school state championships is included at no additional charge for riders who qualify for the event.
- All student-athletes will receive a race number plate and riders will use the same plate for the entire race series. Number plates have chip timing transponders on the backside so exercise care to avoid damage. Please remove the number plate from the bike before loading it for transport to prevent damage or loss. Replacement number plates will be available at the registration tent for $25
- The registration tent will be open on Saturday and Sunday beginning at 7:00 a.m.
For questions regarding the CCN, contact registration services.
Category Placement Petitions
Riders wishing to upgrade/downgrade to a race category different than assigned must submit a petition through their Head Coach or Team Director. The petition deadline for Race 3 is September 27 at 11:59 p.m.
The course will be open for pre-ride to all registered student-athletes and licensed coaches on Friday from 12:00 p.m. until sunset and Saturday following the conclusion of racing (approximately 3:00 p.m.) until sunset. On Friday from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. the course is open to female student-athletes and their coaches only. Boys are not allowed on the course during the girls-only period. Please pass course workers with care. All student-athletes and coaches must have a number plate attached to their bike in order to pre-ride the course. Unregistered parents/siblings may not ride the course.
We encourage teams to pre-ride prior to event weekend. Click on the top right corner of the Google Map above to view a larger map of the course and staging area. Download the GPX file for your navigation device.
A mandatory head coaches meeting will be held prior to the start of middle school and high school racing at the ACA equipment trailer beginning at 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m., respectively. Coaches, this is where you’ll get information about the race day, such as risk management, race conditions and anything else vital that we need to share with you. Sometimes we need to make changes due to weather or other circumstances so it’s important you’re at the meeting to keep your team and riders informed! Each team must have one (1) representative present at the meeting.
Race Categories & Wave Start Times
|Category (Race Plate Color & Number Series)||Start Time||Laps||Distance|
|WAVE 1 – staging will begin at 7:45 a.m.|
|Boys 8th Grade (Copper 5000s)||8:00 a.m.||3||11.25 miles|
|Boys 7th Grade (Red 6000s)||8:03 a.m.||2||7.5 miles|
|Boys 6th Grade (Yellow 7000s)||8:06 a.m.||2||7.5 miles|
|WAVE 2 – staging will begin at 8:30 a.m.|
|Girls 8th Grade (Copper 500s)||8:45 a.m.||3||11.25 miles|
|Girls 7th Grade (Red 600s)||8:48 a.m.||2||7.5 miles|
|Girls 6th Grade (Yellow 700s)||8:51 a.m.||2||7.5 miles|
|WAVE 3 – staging will begin at 9:45 a.m.|
|Boys Varsity (Blue 1000s)||10:00 a.m.||4||24.8 miles|
|Boys JV1 – Division 1 (Copper 2000-2499)||10:05 a.m.||3||18.6 miles|
|Boys JV1 – Division 2 (Red 2500-2999)||10:10 a.m.||3||18.6 miles|
|WAVE 4 – staging will begin at 11:15 a.m.|
|Girls Varsity (Blue 100s), Girls Junior Varsity 1 (Copper 200s)||11:30 a.m.||3||18.6 miles|
|Girls Junior Varsity 2 (Red 300s)||11:35 a.m.||2||12.4 miles|
|Girls Freshman (Yellow 400s)||11:40 a.m.||2||12.4 miles|
|WAVE 5 – staging will begin at 12:45 p.m.|
|Boys JV2 – Division 1 (Copper 3000-3499)||1:00 p.m.||2||12.4 miles|
|Boys JV2 – Division 2 (Red 3500-3999)||1:05 p.m.||2||12.4 miles|
|Boys Freshman – Division 1 (Yellow 4000-4499)||1:10 p.m.||2||12.4 miles|
|Boys Freshman – Division 2 (Grey 4500-4999)||1:15 p.m.||2||12.4 miles|
Note: Independent rider compete in the South Conference and in Division 2 in split fields (Boys Junior Varsity 1, Junior Varsity 2 and Freshman).
Staging & Call Ups
- High school: Overall points standing in their respective field in the current season; new riders will be staged at the back of the field.
- Middle school: Placing in the previous race; riders who did not compete in the previous race will be staged at the back of the field.
The top 10 placed riders in each field will receive call-ups by name to the starting line.
Free parking will be available in the paved parking lot on the east side of Commerce Drive. Click on the top right corner of the Course & Infield Map above to view a larger map of the parking area. Please park efficiently and follow the guidance from our staff once on site.
- Vehicles must park in the designated areas identified with signs at the venue and as shown on the venue map.
- All vehicles must abide by the instructions of parking volunteers and/or league staff. Any violators risk imposition of penalties against their respective team.
- Handicap parking is available in the parking lot near the team pits.
- Vehicles must use the designated loading/unloading zone and immediately move to designated parking areas after unloading at the team pits area.
- Vehicles must follow one-way directional traffic in/out of team pit drop off area.
- No parking allowed in the team pits.
Each team will be assigned a designated pit space. The team pits will be open to vehicle traffic for loading/unloading during the times listed below. Every team will be given one (1) pass for use in the specified parking area on the pit map. Vehicles may come and go during restricted times, but must remain east of the red line. If you or anyone on your team tries to move a vehicle in the team pits outside of the scheduled times your pit pass may be revoked. No gasoline generators and no open flames inside the team pit area.
Pit Assignments by Team
|8||Anthem Middle School Composite|
|16||AAEC Prescott Valley|
|8||Boulder Creek High School|
|3||Bradshaw Mountain High School|
|10||Cactus Shadows High School|
|19||Chino Valley High School|
|7||Coconino High School|
|20||Desert Mountain High School|
|1||Flagstaff High School|
|2||FLYRS Middle School Composite|
|9||Mile High Middle School|
|6||Northland Preparatory Academy|
|5||Prescott High School|
|18||Sedona Red Rock High School|
|15||Skyview Middle School|
|10||Sonoran Trails Middle School|
|14||Sunrise Mountain Composite – North/South|
|22||Tri-City College Prep High School|
|4||White Mountains Composite|
|21||Wickenburg Area Composite|
|11||Andrada Polytechnic High School|
|10||Arizona College Preparatory|
|9||Basha High School|
|2||BASIS Oro Valley|
|5||Brophy College Preparatory – Xavier College Preparatory|
|6||Buena High School|
|2||Canyon del Oro High School|
|3||Catalina Foothills High School|
|4||Chaparral High School|
|11||Cienega High School|
|1||Desert Vista Mountain Bike Team|
|8||East Valley Composite|
|3||El Grupo Composite|
|11||Empire High School|
|15||Franklin Police and Fire High School|
|12||Hamilton High School|
|2||Ironwood Ridge High School|
|11||Mica Mountain High School|
|18||Mountain Pointe High School|
|16||Mountain View High School|
|14||Odyssey Institute for Advanced & International Studies (OIAIS)|
|2||Oro Valley Composite|
|9||Payne Junior High School|
|2||Pusch Ridge Christian Academy|
|8||Red Mountain High School|
|9||San Tan Composite|
|12||Santan Junior High School|
|6||Tombstone High School|
|14||Verrado High School|
|14||White Tank Composite|
|7||Youth On Track Composite|
Move In / Move Out Schedule
- Friday 12:00 p.m. – Pits open for North teams to move in
- Saturday 7:30 a.m. – Pits closed to vehicles, all automobiles must be out
- Saturday 3:00 p.m. (approx.) – Pits open to vehicles after the last rider crosses the finish line
- Saturday 4:15 p.m. – Move out deadline, all North teams must vacate pit area and/or move gear to designated storage space
- Friday 12:00 p.m. – Pits open for South teams to drop off gear in designated storage space
- Saturday 7:30 a.m. – Pits closed to vehicles, all automobiles must be out
- Saturday 4:30 p.m – Pits open for South teams to move in
- Sunday 7:30 a.m. – Pits closed to vehicles, all automobiles must be out
- Sunday 3:00 p.m. (approx.) – Pits open to vehicles after the last rider crosses the finish line
Mechanics from Trek Bicycle Store of West Phoenix will be on hand to provide free mechanical assistance for any student-athlete with an emergency. Spare parts are also available for sale at the neutral support tent. Student-athletes are expected to come to each race with a fully functional, race ready bicycle. Coaches and adults are not given priority at the neutral support tent.
Food & Beverage Services
Concessions will be available onsite from Single Speed Coffee Roasters, Stanzi’s Food Truck, Dogs R Us and Ava’s Kettle Corn.
Race day would not be possible without the incredible work of our volunteers. It takes a “village” to put on quality youth mountain bike races. We’d love to have your help and it’s a great opportunity to see a few different sides of how our races operate. Sign up at SignUp.com.
For questions regarding volunteering, contact our volunteer coordinator.
Additional Event Details
- Dogs must be leashed at all times. Please pick up after your dog.
- Dispose garbage in dumpsters provided.
- All participants are expected to read, understand and abide by the rules and guidelines set forth in the ACA Rulebook.
- ACA weather and refunds policy.
Camping & Lodging
Camping is available onsite, though adjacent to a sports complex rather than a traditional camping area with established sites. Camp only in designated areas (see map above). Campsites will be first come, first served. There are no RV hookups. Some water available on site, but it’s best to come prepared. Choose you location wisely; if you camp in the area near the team pits you will be blocked in once the course is set up until everything is broken down following Sunday’s racing.
For in-town accommodations, Prescott has a variety of lodging options to accommodate you and your family (https://www.prescott.org/lodging–dining.html).