Fort Huachuca is an active military base. Easy access will be provided to student-athletes, families and support crew. Announce yourself to the drive thru gate guard as a participant in the mountain bike race. You will be required to have an ACA base pass when proceeding through the access control points. Remember to print the base access pass and bring it with you
Parking will be available in the designated areas on both side of Canelo Rd. Click on the top right corner of the Course & Infield Map above to view a larger map of the parking area. Please park efficiently and follow the guidance from our staff once on site.
- Vehicles must park in the designated areas identified with signs at the venue and as shown on the venue map.
- All vehicles must abide by the instructions of parking volunteers and/or league staff. Any violators risk imposition of penalties against their respective team.
- Handicap parking is available in the parking lot near the team pits.
- Vehicles must use the designated loading/unloading zone and immediately move to designated parking areas after unloading at the team pits area.
- Vehicles must follow one-way directional traffic in/out of team pit drop off area.
- No parking allowed in the team pits.
Mechanics from Trek Bicycle Store of West Phoenix will be on hand to provide free mechanical assistance for any student-athlete with an emergency. Spare parts are also available for sale at the neutral support tent. Student-athletes are expected to come to each race with a fully functional, race ready bicycle. Coaches and adults are not given priority at the neutral support tent.
Food & Beverage Services
Concessions will be available onsite through the Fort Huachuca MWR.
Race day would not be possible without the incredible work of our volunteers. It takes a “village” to put on quality youth mountain bike races. We’d love to have your help and it’s a great opportunity to see a few different sides of how our races operate. Sign up at SignUp.com (coming soon).
For questions regarding volunteering, contact our volunteer coordinator.
Health and safety protocols will be determined closer to the event.
Additional Event Information
- Do not attempt to bring firearms or drugs onto the installation.
- Random Access Measures (RAM) will be in effect. Please be aware you may be asked for insurance or registration information and may be subject to search.
- Watch your speed while driving on Fort Huachuca.
- Bicycle riders must comply with all traffic regulations. Helmets are required at all times while riding on Fort Huachuca. Use caution when riding on Canelo Rd; it is open to vehicular traffic.
- Showers will be provided at the Barnes Field House Fitness Center, a 5-minute drive from the arena site. Bring your own towel. Hours are Saturday and Sunday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. See map for location.
- Valid military ID required to purchase supplies at AAFES stores (inside gas station) and Post Exchange.
- When exploring, avoid concrete bunkers or other objects that might be in wooded areas.
- Fort Huachuca is home to a variety of different wildlife including bear, coyote, fox and javelina. Please be aware and do not approach or harass any of these wild animals.
- No gasoline generators and no open flames inside the team pit area.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times. Please pick up after your dog.
- Dispose garbage in dumpsters provided.
- Drone use is not allowed at Fort Huachuca.
- All participants are expected to read, understand and abide by the rules and guidelines set forth in the ACA Handbook.
- ACA weather and refunds policy.
Camping & Lodging
Tent camping is available on the arena side of Canelo Rd. RV campers are encouraged to the opposite side of the road from the arena, in the grated area. No open fires are allowed, only contained canister fires for cooking. Do not move or remove any vegetation or items you may encounter. Clean your site when you leave.
Apache Flats RV Resort is also available. Located just a few miles from Wren Arena, amenities include 56 oversized concrete drive-thru pads; water, sewer, 50 AMP electric, cable TV picnic tables and barbecue grills; showers, restrooms, and coin-operated laundry facilities on site; and fenced-in dog play area. Contact Brenda Briscoe (520-533-1335) at the RV park to make reservations and be sure to let her know that you are participating in the race.
Hotels & motels: Check back for special ACA rates at local hotels and motels.