English | Español
Through support from some really great partners, the Arizona Cycling Association has a small fleet of bikes available for student-athletes facing economic circumstances that prevents them from owning their own bikes. Recipients are also given a new helmet. Together with the ACA’s Financial Assistance Program, the intention is to bring greater diversity, equity, and inclusion to youth mountain biking by providing bikes, gear, and resources to overcome historical barriers to the sport.
Program Overview and Guidelines
- The bikes are strictly intended to be used by student-athletes with financial challenges.
- Bikes will be distributed to head coaches on a needs-based first come first served basis.
- The head coaches are responsible for the bikes. Coaches check the bikes out and agree to return the bikes in clean working condition at the end of the season.
- Coaches must take the bikes to and from practices and races. The bikes NEVER go home with the student-athletes. This prevents the bikes from disappearing (bikes have been lost, stolen and even sold).
- All teams are encouraged to adopt a minimum level of academic performance into their team constitutions. At the least, student-athletes must meet the “no pass, no play” threshold as established by the State Board of Education in order to qualify for and retain use of ACA-owned loaner bikes. Head coaches are responsible for ensuring their student-athletes comply with the standard.